I made a pretty kick ass salad on a whim this afternoon. Wish I had thought to take pictures before I devoured it!
But here's the recipe...
- 1 large roasted beet cut into chunks (chilled) I had these already prepared and chilled in my fridge. I think they really created a nice balance with the tangy lime and spicy Sriracha, but if you don't have roasted beets lying around or don't want to go through the trouble of roasting and then chilling them, a tablespoon or two of agave would do the trick too.
- 3-4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- Juice of 2 limes
- Several Thai basil leaves (or any kind of basil)
- 1-2 tablespoon Sriracha (to taste)
- 1 Tablespoon of water
Throw ingredients into blender
Blend until smooth
Add water to create preferred consistency (I like mine on creamy side)
- 1 bunch roughly chopped kale
- Halved cherry tomatoes
- Shredded carrots
- Top with coarsely chopped peanuts or cashews (I had cashews, so that's what I used)